Who should take this course?
The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program. You’ll extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 feet and learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single stage/decompression cylinder. It puts you in a complete tec diving rig, which can be either backmount or sidemount. You’ll also make accelerated decompression dives using EANx or pure oxygen. This is a course where you’ll rise to the challenge and make the commitment to become a technical diver.
To enroll in the Tec 45 course, you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 40 diver
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, with at least 12 dives on enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet and 10 dives deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Deep Instructor.
What will you learn?
Your Tec 45 training consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions and four open water dives. Building on what you learned in the Tec 40 course, you focus on the function and maintenance of tec diving equipment and associated issues. You continue fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops. Plus, you learn to think like a technical diver.
How can you start learning now?
Contact your PADI Dive Center or Resort, and if you don’t already have one, pick up a Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes a PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you’ll use for self-study. The Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video is an optional tool to help you practice skills between your tec diving adventures. You'll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through your Tec 50 course.
You may be able to get college credit for the PADI Tec 45 course.
Continue your tec diver training:
- Enroll in a Tec 45 course at a PADI Dive Center or Resort.
- Visit the PADI TecRec Blog.
- Download a Medical Statement and Questionnaire (pdf).
- Download a PADI Standard Safe Technical Diving Practices Statement of Understanding.
- Browse the PADI Course Catalog.